10.4.3 Supplementing your retirement income
- 10.4.1 Case study: Building a retirement income
- 10.4.2 Calculate retirement income
- 10.4.3 Supplementing your retirement income
- 10.4.4 Professional advice for retirement planning
- 10.4.5 Types of investment advisors
- 10.4.6 How to find a financial professional
- 10.4.7 Questions to ask
- 10.4.8 Video: Choosing a retirement planner
- 10.4.9 Preparing for retirement
- 10.4.10 Summary of key messages
What can you do if your estimated retirement income will not be enough to meet your needs? You have a few options:
- You can continue working for another year or more.
- You can look for alternative sources of income (part-time work, home-based business, etc.).
- You can modify your lifestyle expectations.
- If you own your home, you can sell it and purchase a smaller home.
- You can adjust your investments for higher returns. (But higher returns usually come with higher risk. Get professional advice if you want to do this.)
- Date modified: