3.1.2 What are you saving for?
- 3.1.1 Reasons to save
- 3.1.2 What are you saving for?
- 3.1.3 Case study: Saving for their future
- 3.1.4 Why people don't save
- 3.1.5 Emotions, habits, behaviours and your money
- 3.1.6 How to save
- 3.1.7 Video: Why you should save and how
- 3.1.8 A savings calculator
- 3.1.9 The rules of saving
- 3.1.10 Summary of key messages
Life events and emergencies can be costly. Check the items on the list that you'd be able to pay for quickly:
What do you need to save for?
Saving can be a simple step that you don't even notice.
- First, pay off any expensive debts—debts that cost you more than you can earn in your savings plan.
- Make a regular contribution—weekly or monthly—to a savings fund.
- Start as early as you can. The money you save will grow slowly, but it will be there when you need it.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: