Video: Your Financial Toolkit
Segment 1: est. 2m 46s
We all work hard for our money and that’s why we should try to get the most out of it.
But often, we don’t know where to start.
The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada, the Investor Education Fund and l’Autorité des marchés financiers have developed a free financial toolkit to help you feel more confident when it comes to managing your personal finances.
Your Financial Toolkit is a one-stop shop to help you make better financial decisions.
Among the tools, you will find:
- Basic financial information and key concepts.
- Worksheets to help you manage your own finances.
- Calculators to help you compare different financial products and find out what is best for you.
- Short videos that provide financial tips.
- Checklists including essential steps to gain or maintain control of your finances.
- Quizzes to test your knowledge of financial key concepts.
- And useful references for more information.
Available in English and French, Your Financial Toolkit was designed in a user-friendly way:
- It is presented in clear and simple language.
- And it is available online and in paper format.
- You can do the whole program or simply select the topics that interest you.
- You can also use an interactive self-assessment tool to see what you should learn based on your own situation.
- Your Financial Toolkit also includes material for those who would like to deliver workshops.
- You will find a trainer’s toolkit with PowerPoint presentations, ideas for group activities and tips on using the material with an audience.
- This comprehensive toolkit covers key financial topics.
- How to budget
- How to choose the best financial institution for you
- How to save more money
- How to manage your credit cards and debt
- Why and how you should negotiate your mortgage
- What insurance packages are right for you
- When and how to invest
- How to plan for your retirement
- How to reduce your taxes
- Steps to choosing the right planner or advisor
- How to identify and protect yourself against fraud And much more...
Take control of your finances.
Know what’s best for you and get the tools you need to confidently manage your personal finances.
Your Financial Toolkit provides reliable, unbiased and easy-to-use information and tools.
And it is free of charge.
Everything you need to start building your financial future now.
To build your financial knowledge go to Your Financial Toolkit at it pays to know dot GC dot CA.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: