Minister Ng meets with Rebecca Miano, Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry
October 28 – Osaka, Japan - Global Affairs Canada
Yesterday, the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Export Promotion, International Trade and Economic Development, spoke with Rebecca Miano, Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary for the Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry on the margins of the G7 Trade and Investment Ministers’ Meeting in Osaka, Japan.
Minister Ng congratulated Cabinet Secretary Miano on her recent appointment. She highlighted Canada and Kenya’s strong people-to-people ties and welcomed the increased engagement between Canada and Kenya over the past year. Minister Ng and Cabinet Secretary Miano discussed topics of shared interest, including bilateral trade and investment, climate action, renewable energy, and the digital economy. They noted the ongoing bilateral discussions towards a Canada-Kenya Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement.
Minister Ng encouraged Cabinet Secretary Miano to consider Kenya’s re-engaging with the Ottawa Group on WTO reform, as the country brings a unique perspective to relevant issues.
Minister Ng noted that Canada considers Kenya to be a reliable trade partner and that she looked forward to continued collaboration between the 2 countries to connect Kenyans with opportunities in the Canadian labour market.
- Minister Ng to attend G7 Trade Ministers’ Meeting in Osaka, Japan
- WTO reform: Canada and the Ottawa Group
- Minister Ng successfully concludes first Trade Policy Dialogue with African Union Commission
- Minister Ng launches public consultations on Canada-Africa Economic Cooperation Strategy
- Minister Ng meets with Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary of the Ministry of Trade, Investment and Industry
- Minister Gould and Minister Ng conclude first Canada-Africa Clean Growth Symposium and announce Canada-African Development Bank Climate Fund
- Canada-Kenya relations
- Readout: Minister Ng speaks with Betty Maina, Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary of the Ministry of Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development
Office of the Minister of Export Promotion, International Trade and Economic Development
Media Relations Office
Global Affairs Canada
Follow us on Twitter: @CanadaTrade
Like us on Facebook: Canada’s international trade - Global Affairs Canada
- Date modified: