Before you host a speaker: Book a speaker
Book a speaker
Our speakers are federal public servants who share their stories at federal public service events across Canada. They are not subject matter experts; rather they speak about their personal lived experience.
Steps to book a speaker
Review our speaker profiles and find out what topics and experience you can access (available only on the Government of Canada network).
Submit a Speaker Request Form (available only on the Government of Canada network).
Prepare for your event and ensure a safe space for the speaker and your audience.
Before booking a speaker, consider the following:
- as the speakers are volunteers, there are no costs to book a speaker
- your organization is responsible for any travel costs related to the speaker attending your event, including taxi chits and parking costs
- we ask that you submit your request a minimum of four weeks prior to your event
- all requests for a speaker will be reviewed and booked based on availability
- once we receive your request, we will confirm if a speaker is available for your event within five business days
- since our speakers are volunteers, it may not always be possible to provide a speaker (or your preferred speaker) for each event requested
Contact us at Speakers-Conferenciers@tbs-sct.gc.ca if you have questions or feedback that you would like to share.
- Date modified: