Treatment Action Plan - National Anti-Drug Strategy
The Treatment Action Plan supports innovative approaches to treating and rehabilitating people addicted to illicit and prescription drugs.
The Treatment Action Plan:
- Supports efforts to improve treatment systems, programs and services to address illicit drug dependency and prescription drug abuse.
- Enhances treatment and support for First Nations and Inuit;
- Supports treatment programs for youth in the justice system with drug-related problems;
- Provides support for the use of drug treatment courts, which offer an alternative to the traditional justice system for offenders who have committed non-violent crimes motivated by their addictions; and
- Supports research on new treatment models and on the consequences of illicit drug use.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: