ARCHIVED - The PAHO-Canada Portal
Canada has been actively engaged in promoting health in the Americas since 1971, when it officially joined the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHOWHO). Over the years, Canada has placed great importance on technical cooperation with Latin America and the Caribbean, based on the principles of equity and Pan-Americanism.
The PAHO-Canada Portal is envisioned as a collaborative user-friendly space for discussion of health issues in the Americas. It is an initiative led by PAHO in collaboration with the following Government of Canada institutions, who work regularly with PAHO:
The Health Portfolio includes:
- Health Canada;
- The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR)
Departments, Agencies and Crown Corporations:
- The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA);
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT), and
- The International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
Health Canada's International Affairs Directorate, Strategic Policy Branch, is the focal point for PAHO/WHO in Canada. Health Canada is responsible for the Government of Canada's overall relations with the organization.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: