Forward Regulatory Plan 2022-2024: Regulations Amending Certain Department of Health Regulations (Miscellaneous Amendments Program)
Title of Regulatory Initiative
Regulations Amending Certain Department of Health Regulations (Miscellaneous Amendments Program)
- Food and Drugs Act
- Cannabis Act
- Radiation Emitting Devices Act
- Assisted Human Reproduction Act
- Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
- Department of Health Act
Health Canada is proposing regulatory amendment to correct minor errors or inconsistencies through a streamlined process in the following regulations:
- Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations, 2001;
- Food and Drug Regulations;
- Potable Water on Board Trains, Vessels, Aircraft and Buses Regulations;
- Medical Devices Regulations;
- Cannabis Regulations;
- Regulations Amending the Cannabis Regulations (New Classes of Cannabis);
- Radiation Emitting Devices Regulations;
- Safety of Sperm and Ova Regulations; and,
- Safety of Human Cells, Tissues and Organs for Transplantation Regulations.
The proposed amendments address issues raised by the Standing Joint Committee on the Scrutiny of Regulations and other issues noted by the department.
Regulatory cooperation efforts (domestic and international)
This initiative is not part of a formal regulatory cooperation work plan.
Potential impacts on Canadians, including businesses
All amendments are administrative in nature and thus no impact on the regulated industry or the Canadian public. It is anticipated that the amendments will improve clarity of the regulations.
Health Canada will seek an exemption from pre-publication from Treasury Board.
The publication of the final amendments in the Canada Gazette, Part II, is expected to take place in spring 2022.
Additional information can be requested from the Departmental contact.
Departmental contact information
Policy and Regulatory Strategies Directorate
Regulatory Operations and Enforcement Branch
Date the regulatory initiative was first included in the Forward Regulatory Plan
Consult Health Canada's acts and regulations web page for:
- a list of acts and regulations administered by Health Canada
- further information on Health Canada's implementation of government-wide regulatory management initiatives
Consult the following for links to the Cabinet Directive on Regulation and supporting policies and guidance, and for information on government-wide regulatory initiatives implemented by departments and agencies across the Government of Canada:
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: