Consultation on the draft guidance documents for Regulations Amending the Food and Drug Regulations (Vanessa’s Law)
Current status: The public consultation is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
You are invited to comment on the draft guidance documents for the Regulations Amending the Food and Drug Regulations (Vanessa’s Law)proposal. The proposal was published in the Canada Gazette, Part I on April 22, 2017.
We will consider feedback received on or before September 10, 2017 when revising the guidance documents.
The purpose of the guidance documents is to help manufacturers, importers and other stakeholders to comply with the proposed:
- Power to require assessment
- Power to require tests, studies, etc.
- Notifying Health Canada of foreign risk communications
We are asking for feedback from all interested Canadians, including:
- the pharmaceutical industry
- members of the public
- other people or organizations
Health Canada is looking for comments on two draft guidance documents:
- Draft Guidance Document for Notifying Health Canada of Foreign Risk
- Additional Sections - Amendments to the Food and Drugs Act: Guide to New Authorities
We are seeking advice and input on 3 things:
- is the guideline detailed enough?
- is the language in the guideline clear?
- are the specific interpretations possible?
We want to know if and how the documents could be improved in these 3 areas.
When and Where
The documents will be online for 30 days, between August 11, 2017 to September 10, 2017.
How to Participate
Send your comments on the guidance documents by:
- Email in electronic files such as:
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Acrobat
- Amending the Food and Drug Regulations (Vanessa's Law) proposal
- Amendments to the Food and Drugs Act: Guide to New Authorities (power to require and disclose information, power to order a label change and power to order a recall
Policy, Planning and International Affairs Directorate
Health Products and Food Branch
Holland Cross, Suite 14
11 Holland Avenue
Address Locator 3000A
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: