Oat and pumpkin no-bake bites
These oat and pumpkin no-bake bites are the perfect snack for on the go, busy days, or lunch kits. With only a few ingredients needed to prepare these, they will surely become a family favourite!
Prep time: 10 minutes (this does not include freezing for 1 hour)
Cook time: 0 minute
Servings: 18 (makes 36 bites)
- 750 mL (3 cups) rolled oats
- 250 mL (1 cup) pure pumpkin puree
- 250 mL (1 cup) natural almond or peanut butter or non-nut alternative
- 125 mL (½ cup) maple syrup
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 7 mL (½ tbsp) vanilla
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
- Using a tablespoon, pour mixture in your hand to form 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Cover and freeze for one hour before eating!
- If you don’t have pumpkin puree on hand or don’t like it, try 1 cup of ripe mashed bananas instead.
- Try adding ½ cup of unsalted chopped nuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds or unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Kids can help mix ingredients and form 1-inch balls to freeze.
- Get creative! Have fun making different shapes. Try: hearts, snowmen, stars, happy faces, etc.
- If the mixture is too dry, try adding more nut butter. If the mixture is too wet, try adding more oats.
- Refrigerate extras for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Categories: vegetarian, kid-friendly, no-cook, freezer-friendly
Learn about food safety
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: