Consultation on Isoxaflutole and Its Associated End-use Products, Proposed Re-evaluation Decision PRVD2021-02
Notice to the reader:
The online consultation is now closed.
Health Canada is consulting Canadians on the proposal to continue registration of all uses of isoxaflutole and associated end-use products registered for sale and use in Canada.
The re-evaluation of isoxaflutole pesticides, including human health and environmental risk assessments, indicated that risks were shown to be acceptable when isoxaflutole is used according to proposed conditions of registration, which includes new mitigation measures.
To protect human health, risk mitigation measures include:
- Label improvements including a spray drift advisory statement
- A restricted-entry interval of 12 hours to protect workers
To protect the environment, the following risk mitigation measures are proposed:
- Standard label statements to inform users of the potential toxic effects of isoxaflutole to aquatic organisms and terrestrial plants
- Spray buffer zones to protect aquatic and terrestrial habitats
- A leaching advisory statement
- Precautionary label statements to reduce the potential for runoff of isoxaflutole to adjacent aquatic habitats for sites with characteristics that may be conducive to runoff and when heavy rain is forecast
For a full list of products containing isoxaflutole, please consult Appendix I in the PRVD or visit the Pesticide Label Search database.
For more information on the proposed decision open the "Proposed Re-evaluation Decision".
How to Get Involved
This consultation is open for comment from 29 January 2021 to 29 April 2021 (90 calendar days).
To comment on PRVD2021-02:
- Step 1 Request the full consultation document to read the Science Evaluation that is the basis of this proposed regulatory decision.
- Step 2 Submit comments to the PMRA Publications Section.
All comments received will be considered. A final re-evaluation decision will consider additional scientific information provided during the public comment period.
Please refer to the document title (for example: PRVD2021-02, Isoxaflutole and Its Associated End-use Products) when providing comments.
Reporting to Canadians
Health Canada will make the results of this consultation available on this website. Once the decision is finalized, the PMRA will post a Re-evaluation Decision on the Pesticides and Pest Management Reports and Publications portion of Canada.ca.
If you have any questions, contact the Pest Management Information Service.
Interested in our other consultations? Sign up and stay informed about topics that matter to you.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: