Tecentriq - Notice of Compliance with Conditions - Qualifying Notice
Biologics and Genetic Therapies Directorate
100 Eglantine Driveway
Address Locator #0601C
Dossier ID: HC6-024-e186968
Control #: 223911
[employee's name removed]
[employee's title removed]
Hoffmann-La Roche Limited
7070 Mississauga Road
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Dear [employee's name removed]:
This Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c)-Qualifying Notice, issued in accordance with the Health Canada NOC/c Policy, is to advise you that information submitted in support of the Supplemental New Drug Submission (SNDS) for TECENTRIQ® (atezolizumab), Control Number 223911, indicated in combination with nab-paclitaxel, for the treatment of adult patients with unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) whose tumours have PD-L1 expression ≥ 1%, and who have not received prior chemotherapy for metastatic disease, qualifies to be considered for authorisation under the NOC/c policy. In keeping with the provisions outlined in the NOC/c policy, the following additional information is required to complete the assessment:
- A letter, signed by the Chief Executive Officer, or designated signing authority of Hoffmann-La Roche Limited, indicating that you agree to have this submission considered under the NOC/c Policy. Please be reminded that in agreeing to accept an NOC under the NOC/c Policy, Hoffmann-La Roche Limited consents to the posting of the NOC/c-QN on Health Canada's website.
- A draft Letter of Undertaking signed by the Chief Executive Officer, or designated signing authority, of Hoffmann-La Roche Limited, having a form and content satisfactory to Health Canada, as indicated in the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c), including commitments to provide the following:
- Submit by December 2020, as an SNDS-c, the final overall survival analysis with the final report from the pivotal trial [study name removed] (i.e., according to the SAP, approximately 57 months after first patient in which was 23 June 2015).
Progress Reports of Confirmatory Trials and Other Ongoing Trials
- on an annual basis, within 60 calendar days of the market authorization anniversary or a date agreed upon at the time of the issuance of the market authorization, status reports on the progress of ongoing confirmatory trials, as per section 3.2 and Appendix 4 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c). The details of the requirements for filing and termination of the annual status report as agreed upon by Hoffmann-La Roche Limited and Health Canada must be outlined in the Letter of Undertaking.
- report all serious Adverse Reactions (AR) that occur in Canada and all serious unexpected ARs that occur outside of Canada within 15 days to the Marketed Health Products Directorate. Adverse Events (AE) and AR reports on marketed drugs occurring as part of confirmatory trials subject to clinical trial applications, as outlined in the Letter of Undertaking, must be sent to the Biologics and Genetic Therapies Directorate. Reporting must be conducted as per section 3.4.1 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c) and in accordance with current regulations and guidelines (e.g. Guidance for Industry: Reporting Adverse Reactions to Marketed Health Products and the Guidance for Clinical Trial Sponsors: Clinical Trial Applications).
- Periodic Safety Update Reports or Periodic Benefit-Risk Evaluation Reports-C for NOC/c Products (PSUR-Cs or PBRER-Cs) on an annual basis until such time as conditions associated with the market authorisation are removed. PSUR-Cs/PBRER-Cs should be prepared in accordance with the E2C(R1) and E3C(R2) ICH Guideline, including format and content, as per section 3.4.2 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c);
- comply with the notification and reporting of specific issues of concern as outlined in Section 3.4.4 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c).
- receive pre-clearance by the Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board (PAAB) for all promotional material related to TECENTRIQ® (atezolizumab) authorized under the NOC/c policy as per section 5.1 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c).
- an outline of the agreed-upon advertising, labelling or distribution requirements, including a commitment to file revised Product Monographs under the appropriate submission type as information is made available as per section 4.3 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c).
- an up-to-date, complete listing of ongoing additional clinical trials related to TECENTRIQ® (atezolizumab), appended to the draft Letter of Undertaking, as per Section 4.5 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c).
- copies of any marketing authorizations for TECENTRIQ® (atezolizumab) from any other drug regulatory authority as per Section 4.6 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c).
- A draft of the Product Monograph that is consistent with the requirements outlined in sections 5.2.1 and 5.2.2 of the Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c). Please note that a boxed text must appear on the cover page, at the beginning of each major section of the Product Monograph (Parts I, II and III), and the first page, disclosing the nature of the authorization granted for TECENTRIQ® (atezolizumab) and the need to conduct confirmatory studies.
I wish to advise you that this Qualifying Notice is being issued in accordance with Health Canada's guidances on the Management of Drug Submissions and Notice of Compliance with Conditions, respectively. Sponsors are instructed to submit a complete response (refer to Guidance Document: Notice of Compliance with Conditions) to the outstanding information within 30 calendar days of the date of this letter.
Your response to the above should be submitted with a copy of this letter to the Office of Submissions and Intellectual Property. In order to facilitate and ensure proper processing of your response, please include a revised Submission Certificate, quoting the product name, assigned dossier ID, and control number of the original submission, and address your response to:
Director, Office of Submissions and Intellectual Property
Therapeutic Products Directorate
101 Tunney's Pasture Driveway
Address Locator 0201A1
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0K9
Attention: Office of Regulatory Affairs
Biologics and Genetic Therapies Directorate
Celia Lourenco, Ph.D.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: