- Complete a separate Statement of Appeal - Form 1 for each claim registry number which is the subject of the appeal.
- If the application is pursuant to subsection 26(1) of the Hazardous Materials Information Review Act, use either Part IX of Form 1 OR the Application - Form 2. A Statement of Appeal - Form 1 must still accompany the Application - Form 2.
- Detach Part X "Confidential" and Part XI "Confidential Business Information" and enclose in a separate envelope marked "Confidential" or "Confidential Business Information".
- Include Form 1 Appendix - Fee Calculation.
- Include payment of the prescribed fees in Canadian funds payable to the Receiver General for Canada or by approved credit card authorization.
The basic fee required for an appeal is $2,000. However, certain claimants or affected parties who meet the criteria prescribed under subsection 12(2) of the Hazardous Materials Information Review Regulations are eligible for a 50% reduction, to $1,000.
Send Form 1 package and payment via courier or registered mail to:
Chief Appeals Officer
Health Canada, Healthy Environments and Consumer Safety Branch
Workplace Hazardous Materials Bureau
269 Laurier Avenue West, 8th Floor (4908B)
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9
If the appeal concerns safety and health in the workplace, use EITHER Part IX of the Statement of Appeal - Form 1 OR the Application - Form 2.
A Statement of Appeal - Form 1 must still accompany the Application - Form 2.
No fee is required for filing an Application - Form 2.
For each appeal filed, a Notice of Appeal - Form 3 is published in the Canada Gazette to provide notice to those who intend to participate in the appeal.
A claimant or an affected party who intends to participate in the appeal, must complete an Appearance - Form 4.
A counsel, or an expert who assists the counsel, may sign and file with the appeal board - and serve on the other parties - a copy of an affirmation and promise in Form 5. This states that the counsel or the expert meets the criteria set out in subsection 13(4) of the Hazardous Materials Information Review Act Appeal Board Procedures Regulations.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: