ARCHIVED - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
WHMIS - A shared responsibility where...
Cat. No.: H46-2/05-394E
who manufacture, import, distribute, repackage or sell controlled products pursuant to the federal Hazardous Products Act and Controlled Products Regulations:
- determine which of their products are "controlled products"
- assess applicable health and safety information
- transmit/obtain or prepare the material safety data sheet and apply the label as a condition of sale/importation
who purchase, use, deploy, manufacture or dispose of controlled products pursuant to federal, provincial and territorial WHMIS occupational health and safety legislation:
- ensure that all controlled products on site are properly labelled and up-to-date MSDSs are readily available to workers
- provide WHMIS worker education and training and apply appropriate workplace control measures to ensure the health and safety of workers
- participate in the education and training program on controlled products
- take necessary steps to protect themselves and their coworkers
- participate in identifying and eliminating risks
Your portal to WHMIS on the Web
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: