E-course to Facilitate Transition to WHMIS 2015
In partnership with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), two e-courses were created to help suppliers, employers and workers prepare for Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015, incorporating the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).
- WHMIS 2015: An Introduction (30 minutes): This course provides general information on how WHMIS 2015 is anticipated to impact WHMIS 1988. The course also highlights key differences between WHMIS 1988 requirements and those following transition to WHMIS 2015. This course is available free of charge for individuals through the CCOHS Website.
- WHMIS 2015 for Workers (60 minutes): This course familiarizes workers with the new WHMIS 2015 system and how it will be used in workplaces. Learning about the new WHMIS 2015 is part of the knowledge needed to protect workers from hazards associated with workplace hazardous products.
The following WHMIS 2015 Fact Sheets, introducing the components of WHMIS as they appear upon transition to the GHS, are also available through CCOHS:
- WHMIS 2015 - An Overview
- Information for Suppliers and Importers
- Hazard Classes
- Symbols/Pictograms and Their Hazards
- Safety Data Sheets
- Supplier Labels
- Information for Employers
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: