Did you know that grain products, particularly whole grains, are a source of fibre and are typically low in fat? Fibre rich foods can help you feel full and satisfied. A diet rich in whole grains may also help reduce the risk of heart disease.
To eat well, start by following these easy tips from Canada's Food Guide:
- Make at least half of your grain products whole grain each day.
- Eat a variety of whole grains such as barley, brown rice, oats, and quinoa and wild rice.
- Enjoy whole grain breads, oatmeal and whole wheat pasta.
- Choose grain products that are low in fat, sugar or salt.
- Compare the Nutrition Facts table on labels to make wise choices.
- Enjoy the true taste of grain products. When adding sauces or spreads, use small amounts.
Learn More About:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: