Milk and Alternatives
Did you know that milk and alternatives contain important nutrients that are good for your bones? Having milk or fortified soy beverages every day provides the nutrients that you need for healthy bones and optimal health.
To eat well start by following these easy tips from the Food Guide:
- Drink skim, 1% or 2% milk each day.
- Have 500 mL (2 cups) of milk every day for adequate vitamin D.
- Drink fortified soy beverages if you do not drink milk.
- Select lower fat milk alternatives.
- Compare the Nutrition Facts table on yogurts or cheeses to make wise choices.
Learn more about:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: