Eat Well and Be Active Educational Toolkit
The activity plans are designed to help use the poster as an educational tool.
- Provides a forum to discuss the benefits of eating well and being physically active every day.
- Introduces Canada's Food Guide and the Physical Activity Guidelines.
- Teacher Supplement for Activity Plan #1
- Introduces what a Food Guide Serving is, the recommended number of Food Guide Servings per day, and how to make wise Food Guide Serving choices.
- Introduces recommendations for types, amounts, intensity and frequency of physical activity required to promote good health.
- Teacher Supplement for Activity Plan #2
- Introduces SMART goals.
- Discusses how developing SMART goals can be used to improve healthy eating and physical activity habits.
- Teacher Supplement for Activity Plan #3
- Introduces the Nutrition Facts table.
- Focuses on using the % Daily Value (% DV) to learn how to choose and compare food products to make healthier choices.
- Teacher Supplement for Activity Plan #4
- Introduces the concepts of the built environment and active transportation and how they can support physical activity.
- Encourages participants to think of ways to be active in their neighbourhood (such as through active transportation, play, recreation, etc.).
- Introduces the concept of community assessment and provides an assessment tool.
- Explains basic safety rules for active transportation.
- Teacher Supplement for Activity Plan #5
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: