About sodium, how to lower your intake and a tool for learning how much sodium is in the foods you eat.
Services and information
Sodium, how much is recommended, top food sources and a quiz to test your sodium knowledge.
Use the Sodium Interactive Tool to find out how much sodium is in your food.
A diet high in sodium is one of the top risk factors for chronic diseases.
What sodium is, where you can find it and how to make healthier choices.
What we are doing
- Voluntary sodium reduction targets for processed foods 2020-2025 [2020-12-18]
- Sodium Intake of Canadians in 2017 [2018-07-23]
- Infographic: A Salty Situation [2018-07-23]
- Sodium Reduction in Processed Foods in Canada: An Evaluation of Progress toward voluntary targets from 2012 to 2016
- Report of the symposium on sodium reduction in foods [2016-10-13]
- Guidance for the Food Industry on Reducing Sodium in Processed Foods [2012-06-01]
- Consultation on proposed front-of-package labelling [2018-02-10]
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: