Applying for a supervised consumption site

From: Health Canada


This guidance document provides an overview of what you need to do to apply for an exemption under section 56 of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, including:

  • required information
  • review process

Important notice

Current status of applications for supervised consumption sites.

Who this guide is for

  • Community groups
  • General public
  • People thinking about opening a supervised consumption site

In this guide

View complete guide

Details and history

For assistance

Contact the Authorizations Division if you need assistance:

Application can be sent to:

  • By e-mail:

  • By mail:

    Authorizations Division
    Office of Controlled Substances
    Controlled Substances Directorate
    Healthy Environments and Consumer Safety Branch
    Health Canada
    161 Goldenrod Driveway, AL0300B
    Ottaw ON K1A 0K9

Health Canada considers all applications on a case-by-case basis. We are committed to processing applications without undue delay and will keep the applicant informed during the process.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: