eHive by Vernon Systems - Evaluation
About this evaluation
This evaluation was performed on February 14, 2018 with a representative from Vernon Systems. It was evaluated by five members of the museum community and reflects their personal opinion. These evaluations were based on a set list of tasks in a limited period of time. It is always recommended that you request a demonstration of any product in which you may be interested based on your specific requirements.
The following table shows the ratings given to this software by members of the museum community. To understand what these ratings mean, please refer to our Scoring System & Evaluation Guide.
Each rating given is scored out of a maximum of five points. The larger the Standard Deviation number, the wider the range of scores for that task.
|Online data entry||3.6||0.5|
|Publish a record to the web||3.2||1.3|
|Set user permissions and groups||2.2||0.8|
|View audit trails or change log||2.2||0.4|
|Create a local terminology list||3.2||0.8|
|Upload or attach images and files||4.0||0.7|
|Catalogue an object||3.2||0.4|
|Batch modify a set of records||2.0||1.2|
|Customize a catalogue entry page||1.6||0.9|
|Create a template record||3.4||0.9|
|Generate and/or build a report||3.0||0.0|
|Perform basic search||3.4||0.9|
|Perform advanced search||2.2||1.3|
|Create an exhibit||2.0||0.7|
|Enter condition report information||3.2||0.4|
The following comments have been provided by our evaluators after they rated the performance of each task. These are selected comments drawn from the “Additional Comments” section of the evaluation form.
- This product can perform basic functions but is not very robust, flexible or customizable.
- About 1000 museums using eHive. Very impressive little system and would be incredible for a small museum. Free for up to 5000 objects, $99 per year!
- Very user friendly, nice interface! Many functionalities went over and above my expectations even for a larger system.
- This product seems like it is probably very valuable to smaller institutions and collections. It seems to perform the basics really well, but lacks some bells and whistles that might be able to get the collection management tasks up to the next level. The UI is very attractive, as well as user friendly and intuitive. For places needing to handle a large amount of objects, whoever the pricing function may not make much sense for them. Also, if they are looking to be able to manipulate their data internally, this product will not allow for much.
- Simple database – over 800 000 public records on eHive. Could be a nice solution for smaller institutions.
- Web-based product seemed meant for presenting collections rather than managing them. Probably sufficient functionality for small collections.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: