Advisory Committee on International Students and Immigration (ACISI)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada recognizes that the key to an effective and dynamic foreign student program is in strong partnerships with provincial education authorities, institutions and educational organizations.
CIC recognizes the need for Canada to remain competitive in attracting foreign students. For this reason, CIC created the Advisory Committee on International Students and Immigration (ACISI) in 1995, bringing together essential stakeholders in international education. In consultation with this committee, CIC has made many enhancements in student processing procedures, such as longer validity study permits, where feasible and practicable.
Also, as a result of ACISI consultations, the new legislation authorizes foreigners to attend any short-term program of six months or less without the need of a study permit.
We are working closely with other government departments — in particular, the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT), and Health Canada—to develop coordinated strategies. We support global marketing initiatives launched by DFAIT and participate actively in committees and conferences dedicated to foreign student marketing.
The following is a list of departments and non-governmental organizations that are part of the Advisory Committee on International Students and Immigration (ACISI).
Other Governments and Departments
- Alberta Advanced Education and Technology
- British Columbia Centre for International Education (BCCIE)
- Canadian Heritage
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC)
- Education, Training and Youth of Manitoba
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Industry Canada
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)
- Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI)
- Ministère de l’éducation du Québec (MEQ)
- New Brunswick Department of Education (NBDE)
- Nova Scotia Department of Education and Culture
- Ontario Ministry of Education
- Statistics Canada
- Air Transport Association of Canada (ATAC)
- Alberta Centre for International Education (ACIE)
- Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC)
- Association of Registrars of Universities and Colleges (ARUCC)
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- Canadian Association for Graduate Studies (CAGS)
- Canadian Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
- Canadian Federation of Students (CFS)
- Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC)
- Council of Second Language Programs (CSLP)
- International Council for Canadian Studies (ICCS)
- International Public Secondary Education Association (IPSEA)
- Languages Canada
- National Association of Career Colleges (NACC)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: