Educational Credential Assessment – Service Providers
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) uses Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) reports to:
- authenticate an applicant’s foreign credential and
- determine the equivalent completed Canadian credential.
The purpose of the reports is to award immigration selection points or make program eligibility decisions.
CIC has designated both multipurpose assessment organizations and professional bodies to assess foreign credentials. Multipurpose assessment organizations authenticate and assess foreign educational credentials across a wide range of regulated and non-regulated occupations. The designated organizations are:
- World Education Services (WES),
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS),
- Comparative Education Service (CES), University of Toronto,
- International Qualifications Assessment Service, and
- International Credential Evaluation Service.
Professional bodies authenticate and assess foreign educational credentials to determine how they compare to a Canadian credential needed to practice in their respective regulated occupations. They are also recognized as a step in the licensing process. The designated professional bodies are:
Find out more information about how skilled immigrants can get their education assessed.
Call for service proposals
Call for Service Proposals for Multipurpose Educational Credential Assessment Organizations
This call was closed on March 13th, 2015.
Call for Service Proposals for the Designation of Professional Bodies Conducting Foreign Educational Credential Assessment for Immigration Purposes
This is an open-ended call, launched on March 23rd, 2015.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: