Intake: Referrals from other organizations
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Applicants may also be referred by a referral organization with which the Minister has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) under R143.
The Minister may enter into a MOU with an organization for the purpose of locating and identifying Convention refugees and persons in similar circumstances if the organization demonstrates:
- A working knowledge of the provisions of the Act relating to protection criteria; and
- An ability abroad to locate and identify Convention refugees and persons in similar circumstances.
The MOU will specify:
- The geographic area to be served by the organization;
- The number of referrals that may be made by the organization and the manner of referral;
- The training of members or employees of the organization; and
- The grounds for suspending or cancelling the memorandum of understanding.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: