Temporary residence: COVID-19 program delivery
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
These program delivery instructions are aligned with the Ministerial Instructions that are in effect from June 10, 2020 to June 30, 2020 (and may be extended).
These instructions are interim procedures to enable staff to process new and existing applications from visitors, workers and international students who are exempted from the travel restrictions because of the purpose of their travel. They will end when the travel restrictions are discontinued and IRCC offices resume regular operations.
- Travel restriction measures: COVID-19 program delivery
- Non-optional and non-discretionary travel: COVID-19 program delivery
See important information on
In this section
- Temporary resident visas (TRVs) (visitor visas)
- Electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- Study permit
- Work permit
- Work permit – Rural and northern immigration pilot (RNIP)
- Employer compliance inspections
- Withdrawal of temporary residence applications
- Temporary residents in Canada unable to depart Canada
- Public policy exempting certain out-of-status foreign nationals in Canada from immigration requirements
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: