Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Applicants in Canada
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Section 207 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations applies to applicants who have been determined eligible as members of certain in-Canada permanent residence classes and includes protected persons (whether they have applied for permanent resident status or not).
Open work permits may be issued.
Labour Market Impact Assessment exemption code: A70
This exemption applies to the following persons:
- members of the live-in caregiver class who have met the requirements for permanent residence outlined in R113;
- members of the spouse or common-law partner class who have satisfied an officer that they meet the requirements of R124;
- persons upon whom protection has been conferred in accordance with A95(2) (Convention refugees, successful pre-removal risk assessment applicants, etc.);
- persons who have filed an application on humanitarian and compassionate grounds for whom one or more eligibility or admissibility requirements have been waived under A25(1) such that they may become a permanent resident;
- family members of the above who are in Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: