Temporary Foreign Worker Program and International Mobility Program: Applying at a visa office before entry
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
The following persons must apply outside Canada [R198(2)]:
- all persons who require a temporary resident visa (TRV);
- all persons who require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA);
- all persons who require a medical examination, whether TRV-required or visa-exempt, unless valid medical examination results are available at the time of entry;
- international youth exchange program participants other than U.S. citizens or permanent residents, unless approved by the responsible visa office (that administers the quota granted by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development) abroad (exemption code C21) (see International Experience Canada);
- seasonal agricultural workers;
- live-in caregivers.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: