Update to special measures related to flight PS752
Last updated: May 17, 2021
Ottawa, September 25, 2020—IRCC has put in place special measures to help foreign national families of victims of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752 who are stuck in Canada due to global pandemic border closures.
Who these special measures are for
- Families of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752 who are temporary residents
- in Canada whose status has expired
- outside Canada whose status has expired
How to qualify
You can apply to extend or restore your status at no cost if both of the following apply:
- You’re currently in Canada for reasons related to Flight PS752.
- You either have valid status, or you let your status expire.
You can apply for a new temporary resident visa (TRV) or temporary resident permit (TRP) if both of the following apply:
- You’re a member of the family of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752.
- You were granted a TRV or TRP between January 10, 2020, and June 30, 2020.
You must submit an application.
If you qualify, the following application fees will be waived:
- restoration of temporary resident status ($200)
- extension of authorization to remain in Canada as a temporary resident ($100)
- temporary resident visa – multiple entry ($100)
- temporary resident visa – family ($500)
- temporary resident permit ($200)
How to apply
You have until January 8, 2022, to have your status extended or restored or to be issued a TRV or TRP at no cost.
Extend your stay
If you were legally admitted to Canada between January 10 and June 30, 2020, under the previous measures, you can apply for an extension of your temporary resident status.
You must submit your application before your current status expires. When you apply, your status will be maintained until your application is processed.
Restore your status
If your temporary resident status has expired, you can restore your status if it’s within 90 days of the expiry date.
Apply for an initial or subsequent TRV or TRP
If you were admitted to Canada on a TRP or now require a TRP, you can submit an application to remain in Canada as a TRP holder.
If you’re outside Canada, you can submit an application for a TRV. For the question “Why are you coming to Canada?” select “To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752” to be directed to the IRCC Portal to make your application.
Travellers must complete the mandatory COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements before travelling to and after arriving in Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: