Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents
You need an invitation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before you can apply. To get an invitation:
- Make sure you are eligible to sponsor.
- Submit your interest to sponsor form.
- Wait to see if we invite you. We’ll invite you to submit a complete application in the same order we received the interest to sponsor forms online.
If you are a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada and you would like your parents and grandparents to come to Canada to visit you, they may be eligible to apply for a super visa to stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time.
Use this application if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada who wants to sponsor the following family members living abroad:
- Parents or
This application package includes:
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5772]
- Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771] (PDF, 1.59 MB) February 2019
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 478.72 KB) November 2018
- Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768] (PDF, 1.54 MB) July 2018
- Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents [IMM 5748] (PDF, 1.53 MB) January 2019
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [eIMM 5669] (PDF, 434.14 KB) November 2018
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51 KB) April 2015
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 652 KB) February 2019
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB) October 2018
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 1.53 MB) September 2018
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) September 2015
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form, follow these steps.
IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: