Apply – special or diplomatic passports for children

This section contains information for representatives of the Government of Canada, and people travelling on Government of Canada-related business.

If you are travelling with your child while on official government business, you may apply for a special or diplomatic passport for children.

Before you apply, find out if you need a visa for the country you are travelling to. If you do need a visa, find out what the visa requirements are and what documents to send.

Gather the documents required

For a special or diplomatic passport for children, include the following documents with your application:

You may need extra documents if :

If you are being posted abroad, find out what additional documents you need to send.

Fill out the application form

Complete the child application form (PPTC 155) (PDF, 444.53KB)

Remember to sign each page, and include the guarantor’s information. Your guarantor also has to sign the application form and sign the back of one of the photos.

Pay the fees

Include the passport information billing form (PPTC 467) (PDF, 57.58KB) to cover the C$225 fee for a Canadian special or diplomatic passport, and the C$90 fee per visa (if applicable) except for Department of National Defence (DND) clients.

Submit your application

Submit your application in person, by mail, by courier or by messenger to:

Passport Program Official Travel
Place du Centre
200 promenade du Portage, Commercial Level 2
Gatineau, Quebec  J8X 4B7

Use a certified courier or traceable mail service to reduce the delivery time of your application and help protect your documents.

For Department of National Defence clients, if you are sending the application by mail, send it to:

DND/Official Travel section (passports)
101 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0K2

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Privacy statement

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: