Caring for people with high medical needs program: How to apply
Follow these steps to apply through the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway.
Get the application package
The application package includes a guide and all the forms you need to fill out to apply to the program. Use the guide to help you fill out the forms correctly.
- Fill out the forms on your computer. When you are done:
- Validate the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 553.83KB) online. Click the ‘Validate’ button on the form. If there are any fields you still need to fill out, they will outlined in red.
- Print the validated application form, including the barcode page(s). (This page will come up after you validate the form).
- Sign and date the form where asked.
- Include all the pages of the application form, including the barcode page(s) with your application.
- Print the other forms, and sign and date where asked.
- Each of your answers must be complete and true.
- You must fill out all the forms listed in the application package. Use the Document Checklist (PDF, 384.83KB) to make sure you do not miss anything.
Answer all questions carefully, completely and truthfully. There are serious consequences for applicants who misrepresent themselves or withhold relevant information on their application.
You must include all the forms, information, documents, signatures, language test results, educational credential assessments and fees that are asked for. If any are missing, your application is not complete. We will send it back to you without processing it.
Pay your application fees
In most cases, your fees include:
- processing fees for you and anyone you include on your application
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
You have to pay your fees online.
In most cases, you must pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.
After you pay the biometrics fee with a complete application, we’ll send you a letter confirming that you need to give your biometrics and where you can go. You must show this letter when you give your biometrics.
You must give your biometrics in person. Make sure to book an appointment if this service is offered. Find a collection point close to you.
Depending on your situation, you may need to pay third parties for:
The instruction guide can help you understand which fees apply to you and show you how to pay them.
Submit your application
Make sure you:
- answer all questions,
- sign your application and all forms,
- include your processing fee, and
- include all the supporting documents.
If you forget something, your application will be sent back to you. You will have to fix any errors and resubmit it. Use the Document Checklist (PDF, 384.83KB) to make sure you do not forget anything.
You should also:
- validate the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 553.83KB) online by clicking on the “Validate” button on the form,
- print the barcode page(s), and
- include all pages of the application form, including the barcode page(s) with your application.
This will help make sure your application is complete and help you avoid delays.
Mail your application and your fee payment form to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada:
Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o PR (HMN), Station 803
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB, T5J 4C3
Do not send your application to any other processing centre or visa office.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: