Subscribe to receive a text message when we get your family class sponsorship package
As of September 30th, 2017 this service will no longer be available. If you enroll on or before this date, you will still receive a text message.
You can now receive a text message when we get your family class sponsorship package.
The text message only confirms that your family class sponsorship package arrived at our mailroom. It does not confirm that your application is complete or that we have started to process it. We will send you a letter or an email with an application number when processing starts.
What you need to get started
To take part, you need:
- a cell phone with Internet access. Your phone number can be Canadian or international. Charges may apply depending on the plan you have with your service provider; and
- access to a printer.
You can only subscribe once per phone number. You will only receive texts. We will never ask you to provide information back to us by text.
How to subscribe
Subscribe in three simple steps:
- Text “Enroll” to 613-209-4020 (only available until September 30)
You will receive a text response from a third-party service provider (Ulula) with a link to a PDF barcode form.
- Print the barcode form
Click on the link texted to you to get the PDF barcode form. Print it and include it in your family class sponsorship package after the checklist.
- Mail your completed family class sponsorship package
Make sure you include all supporting documents and the barcode form.
You will receive a text message confirmation when our mailroom gets your family class sponsorship package.
Top questions about sponsoring your family
- I am sponsoring my spouse or partner who is in Canada. Can they work while their application is being processed?
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: