Apply for the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (visitor visa and work permit)
Follow these steps to apply for a visitor visa and work permit if you’re
- outside Canada and
- one of the following:
- a Ukrainian national
- the family member of a Ukrainian national
Authorized paid representatives
Do not use this application process if you’re an authorized paid representative (APR). Use the APR Portal to submit an application for your client.
1. Get an invitation code
If it’s your first time using the IRCC Portal, you need an invitation code to create an account. We’ll ask for your email and give you a code to sign up.
2. Create an account
Use the invitation code we send you to create your portal account.
3. Complete the online form
After you log in:
- Click Apply for a visitor visa, transit visa or a study permit.
- On the next page, check the box at the bottom that says I’m ready to start my application.
- For this application, you can ignore the instructions to check your eligibility and you won’t be asked to pay any fees.
- If you’re applying as a family:
- Answer “Yes” when asked Do you want to apply for more than 1 person at the same time?
- Select “Family” as the type of group that applies to your situation.
- On the Manage group page, click Add member for each member of your family.
- You must complete an application for each family member, but you can submit them all at once when you’re done.
- When you’re asked what you want to apply for, choose Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel.
- Continue answering the remaining questions to complete your application.
If you want to work in Canada
When you apply for the visitor visa under the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) measures, you may be eligible to apply for an open work permit at the same time. This work permit lets you work for most employers in Canada.
If you want to apply for a work permit, when asked if you want to work in Canada, choose Yes.
Find out more about the open work permit.
If you’re already in Canada, do not apply for the visitor visa to get a CUAET work permit. Follow the steps for people already in Canada.
Already have an IRCC Portal account? Sign in
After you apply, we may email you to ask if you would like to complete a survey. The survey will help us better understand your plans in Canada so that we can work to improve our programs and services. Find out more about the survey.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: