Ukraine immigration measures: Returning to Canada

Canadian officials in countries neighbouring Ukraine are working with international partners to help Canadian citizens, people registered under Canada’s Indian Act and permanent residents of Canada who are affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine to return home. Make sure you have the right documents and the information you need so that you can return to Canada quickly and safely.

Passports – Consular services abroad

Consular services are provided by Canadian offices abroad. They can help replace a lost, stolen, damaged or expired Canadian passport and help you apply for a new passport urgently.

Find a Canadian office abroad

Permanent resident travel documents

If you’re a permanent resident of Canada and you don’t have a valid permanent resident (PR) card, you can apply for a permanent resident travel document to travel back to Canada.

Permanent resident travel documents

Health and travel requirements for entering Canada

Check the latest COVID-19 health and travel requirements for entering Canada.

COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders

Emergency contact information

If you’re abroad and need emergency assistance due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre.

Please take a few moments to rate your experience with this page.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: