Determine your eligibility — Work off campus

If you want to work off campus while you study in Canada, you must:

  • have a valid study permit,
  • be a full-time student,
  • be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level, and
  • be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.

Do not begin to work off campus until you have started your studies.

You are not eligible to work off campus if you are:

  • enrolled in an English as a Second Language or French as a Second Language program,
  • taking a general interest course or program, or
  • a visiting or exchange student at a designated learning institution.


Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Privacy statement

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: