Visit Canada

Find out what document you need to travel, visit family and friends, do business, or transit through Canada, and how to extend your stay.

Help keep African swine fever out of Canada

African swine fever is a highly contagious viral disease of domestic and wild pigs. It’s been found in countries in Africa, central Asia and Europe. There are no human health risks, but you could bring it with you to Canada in contaminated food, clothing or equipment.

Find out how you can prevent an outbreak

Services and information

Find out if you need a visa

Answer a few questions to find out if you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to visit or transit through Canada

Apply for a visitor visa

What a visitor visa is, eligibility and how to apply

Apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

What an eTA is, eligibility and how to apply online

Visit your children or grandchildren

Eligibility and how to apply for a visa that lets you stay with family in Canada for up to 2 years at a time

Stay in Canada longer

Visitors, students and workers who want to extend their stay (temporary resident status) in Canada

Transit through Canada

What it means to transit through Canada and which documents you need

Visit Canada on business

Who business visitors are, and how to bring business visitors or delegates to your meeting or event

Get border information for visitors

Travel tips, what happens at the border, and prohibited or restricted goods


Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: