How to apply for a visa as a business visitor
You need to apply for a visitor visa just like any other temporary visitor to Canada does. There is no separate application for business visitors. The visitor visa covers all visitors, including those coming to Canada on business.
If the event is registered with IRCC, follow the instructions provided by your event organizer.
If you don’t have instructions from your event organizer, apply for a visitor visa online by following the instructions below.
Before you apply
- Make sure that you qualify as a business visitor. If you qualify, continue following these instructions. If not, check the criteria first to make sure you’re applying for the right travel document.
- Get your documents ready. These can include
- the letter of invitation from the Canadian business or event organizer inviting you to Canada
- your special event code (if applicable)
Apply for a visitor visa online with the IRCC Portal
You must apply online with the IRCC Portal for a visitor visa.
Follow these steps to apply online.
1. Create an account and sign in
If it’s your first time using the IRCC Portal, we’ll ask you for your email and give you the code you’ll need to sign up for an account.
2. Complete the online form and upload your documents
Select “To visit on business” when asked for the reason why you’re applying for a visa.
After you answer all the questions, you’ll get a list of documents you need to upload. This includes the documents that support your visa application.
3. Pay with a credit card
We accept credit cards and prepaid cards from Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, JCB® and UnionPay®.
Need an IRCC Portal account?
Already have an IRCC Portal account? Sign in
If you can’t apply online because of a disability, or if you’re travelling with an identity or travel document that was issued to a refugee, a stateless person or a non-citizen, you can apply on paper.
- Date modified: