Work and travel in Canada with International Experience Canada

Become a candidate in the International Experience Canada (IEC) pool(s), get an Invitation to Apply and apply for a work permit.


You need to give your biometrics

In most cases, you must give your biometrics to participate in IEC. Depending on where you live, you may need to travel to another city and/or country.

Before you apply, find out where to give your biometrics. If you gave biometrics in the past, you can check if your biometrics are still valid.

Find out where biometrics fits in the application process.

Note: IEC is also available for Canadian youth that want to travel and work abroad.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: