2018-2019 Departmental Results Report: Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
1. Context for the Departmental Sustainable Development StrategyThe 2016 –2019 Federal Sustainable Development Strategy (FSDS):
- sets out the Government of Canada’s sustainable development priorities
- establishes goals and targets
- identifies actions to achieve them, as required by the Federal Sustainable Development Act
In keeping with the objectives of the Act to make environmental decision-making more transparent and accountable to Parliament, although not bound by the Act, the Agency supports reporting on the implementation of the FSDS and its Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy, or equivalent document, through the activities described in this supplementary information table.
2. Sustainable Development at the Agency
The Agency's Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy for 2017 to 2020 describes the department's actions in support of achieving Low-Carbon Government. This supplementary information table presents available results for the departmental actions pertinent to this goal. Last year's supplementary information table is posted on the Agency's website. This year, the Agency is also noting which UN SDG target each departmental action contributes to achieving.
3. Departmental performance by FSDS goal
The following table provides the performance information on departmental actions in support of the FSDS goal listed in section 2.
|FSDS target(s)||FSDS contributing action(s)||Corresponding departmental action(s)||Support for UN Sustainable Development Goal target*||Starting point(s), target(s) and performance indicator(s) for departmental actions||Results achieved|
Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from federal government buildings and fleets by 40% below 2005 levels by 2030, with an aspiration to achieve it by 2025
Support the transition to a low-carbon economy through green procurement
* This new element shows how departments are contributing to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and targets.
4. Report on integrating sustainable development
During the 2018–19 reporting cycle, the Agency had no proposals that required a Strategic Environmental Assessment and no public statements were produced.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: