Call for Expressions of Interest - Indigenous Capacity Support Program
May 11, 2020 — The Impact Assessment Agency of Canada (the Agency) is making funding available through the Indigenous Capacity Support Program to support Indigenous peoples, communities and organizations to help develop skills to better participate in the impact assessment process.
Indigenous peoples are key partners in project assessments. This funding, provided outside the context of specific project reviews, is intended to enhance meaningful engagement and leadership of Indigenous peoples in consultations on project assessments, regional and strategic initiatives, and policy development.
Who can submit an expression of interest?
The Agency is seeking expressions of interest from Indigenous organizations, who would act as a program delivery partner to provide capacity-building support to communities at a regional level.
In assessing expressions of interest, the following criteria will be applied:
- Increasing capacity in regions where major projects are expected;
- Ability to serve a large number of communities;
- Demonstrated expertise in providing support to communities;
- Demonstrated expertise in environmental/impact assessment;
- Complement other federal programming, such as capacity support for similar or related activities (i.e. programs that are environmental, resource or consultation related);
- Indication of community support for the organization and/or delivery approach.
In addition, priority will be given to the following capacity-building initiatives:
- Development of Indigenous governance structures to allow for more effective participation and coordination in impact assessment;
- Building awareness and expertise within communities to support the new components of the Impact Assessment Act;
- Development and sharing of generic tools (e.g. tool kits, studies, guidelines) with communities that can be adapted, avoiding duplication.
How funding is allocated
The Agency will consider expressions of interest and work with those that address the program’s criteria and priority activities listed above to develop detailed plans and budgets for funding. The amount of funding per successful applicant will depend on the activities proposed and funding availability.
Additional information about the assessment and decision-making process can be found in the Program Guidelines.
Maximum funding allocation: $300,000.
How to submit an expression of interest
Expressions of interest can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on your preferred template in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please consult the Program Guidelines for information on eligibility and what is required in an expression of interest.
Expressions of interest received by June 30, 2020 will be considered for funding this fiscal year. Applications received after that date may be considered depending on the availability of funding. Recipients and the amount of funding allocated will be announced at a later date.
If you have questions about this funding availability opportunity, please email email@example.com.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: