Indigenous Capacity Support Program
The Impact Assessment Agency of Canada (the Agency) administers the Indigenous Capacity Support Program, which is making funding available to support Indigenous communities and organizations to help develop skills to better participate in the impact assessment process.
Indigenous peoples are key partners in project assessments. This funding, provided outside the context of specific project reviews, is intended to enhance meaningful engagement and leadership of Indigenous peoples in consultations on project assessments.
Who can submit an expression of interest?
The Agency is seeking expressions of interest from Indigenous organizations, who would act as program delivery partners to provide support to communities at a regional level.
In assessing expressions of interest, the following criteria will be applied:
- Ability to serve a large number of communities;
- Indication of community support for the organization and/or delivery approach;
- Demonstrated expertise in providing support to communities;
- Increasing capacity in regions where major projects are expected;
- Demonstrated expertise in environmental/impact assessment; and
- Complement other federal programming, such as capacity support for similar or related activities (i.e. programs that are environmental, resource or consultation related).
In addition, priority will be given to the following capacity-building initiatives:
- Development of Indigenous governance structures to allow for more effective participation and coordination in impact assessment;
- Building awareness and expertise within communities to support the new components of the Impact Assessment Act;
- Development and sharing of generic tools (e.g. tool kits, studies, guidelines) with communities that can be adapted, avoiding duplication.
Applicants can submit an expression of interest using their desired template in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please consult the Program Guidelines for a full list of expression of interest requirements and criteria.
How funding is allocated
The Agency reviews expressions of interest and works with those that address the criteria and priorities listed above to develop detailed plans and budgets for funding. The amount of funding per successful applicant will depend on the activities proposed and funding availability.
Maximum funding allocation: $300,000.
How to submit an expression of interest
For more details on who is eligible, how to apply, and what expenses may be funded and how the program works, please consult the National Funding Guidelines for Indigenous Capacity Support Program.
To apply, send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about this funding availability opportunity, please email email@example.com
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: