Submit a request under Jordan's Principle: Step 4. Who can send requests


If a child needs immediate care, please call 911 or your local emergency services number, or visit the nearest health facility.

Step 4. Who can send requests

A request for a child or children in the same family or with the same guardian can be submitted by:

  • parents or guardians caring for a dependent First Nations child under the age of majority in the child's province/territory of residence
  • a First Nations child above 16 years of age
  • an authorized representative of the child, parent or guardian
    • written or verbal consent must be provided by the parent or guardian

A request for a group of children from multiple families or guardians can be submitted by:

  • a community or service provider, who can request services, such as:
    • respite care
    • wheelchair ramps
    • support programs
    • educational assistants
    • transportation to school
    • local therapeutic specialists, etc.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: