Submit a request under Jordan's Principle: Step 6. Processing requests
If a child needs immediate care, please call 911 or your local emergency services number, or visit the nearest health facility.
Step 6. Processing requests
The Jordan's Principle representative in your region will review the completed request. A decision will be sent to you in writing after the request is processed.
How long it takes to process a request
Requests for a child or children in the same family or with the same guardian:
- urgent requests (the child's current health or safety is a concern) are processed within 12 hours of receiving all necessary information
- all other requests are processed within 48 hours of receiving all necessary information
- if we do not have enough information to confirm the type of product, service or support the child needs, more time may be necessary to get this information; however, if the child requires an assessment of their need(s), this can be paid for immediately under Jordan's Principle
Requests for a group of children from multiple families or guardians:
- urgent requests are processed within 48 hours of receiving all necessary information
- all other requests are processed within 1 week of receiving all necessary information
Approved requests are managed in 1 of 2 ways:
- where possible, we arrange for the products, services or supports to be provided directly to the child, or children. In these situations, there is no cost to the family, guardian, child or authorized representative and reimbursement is arranged directly with the service provider or vendor
- if the family, guardian, child or authorized representative has already paid for the approved product, service or support, then reimbursement of these expenses will be provided
If your request is denied, you may appeal the decision up to 1 year from the date the request was denied.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: