Apply for nursing jobs in First Nations communities
Be part of a collaborative team of Indigenous Services Canada health care professionals. Deliver care to clients of all ages in remote and/or isolated First Nations communities.
On this page
Join our front-line nursing team in one of the three types of nursing positions:
Community health nurse
- Community health nurses provide various primary care services with a public health care approach to address overall health in First Nations communities.
- Nurses-in-charge are responsible for:
- supervising the activities and performance of the station nurses and support staff
- providing functional direction and support to community health representatives
- liaising with local band administrators and community agencies
- Nurse practitioners:
- manage acute and chronic medical conditions
- are qualified to diagnose health conditions
- order treatments
- prescribe medications
- make referrals for a wide range of acute and chronic health conditions within their scope of practice
- flexible schedules available (full-time, part-time, relief work)
- work-life balance
- competitive salary and pension plan
- leave benefits
- group medical, disability, and dental insurance
- accommodations provided
- deliver health care in remote or isolated First Nations communities in four regions:
Who can apply?
Candidates must be either a registered nurse or eligible to be a registered nurse. They must be certified by the time of appointment within the province in which the position is located. They must also have gained, within the last five years, at least two years' experience in:
- All positions
- community health (public health, or home and community care)
- primary care
- acute or intensive care
- urgent or emergency care
- Nurse-in charge-and nurse practitioner
- experience working in First Nations communities
- experience developing policies, procedures and directives
- Nurse practitioner
- experience in integrating the nurse practitioner role into an existing health delivery system; and
- experience as program or project leader in delivery of health services
How to apply?
Send your résumé to Indigenous Services Canada
Privacy notice statement: The Government of Canada is committed to protecting the privacy rights of individuals, including safeguarding the personal information you provide voluntarily. Your personal information is collected in accordance with the Privacy Act (PA) and under the authority of the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA), the Employment Equity Act (EEA) and the Canadian Human Rights Act (CHRA), and is protected under the PA and may also be included in the following Personal Information Banks (PIB): PSE 902, PRN 920. For more information about your rights, or about our privacy practices, please contact the GC's Privacy Coordinator at 613-954-9165 or email@example.com.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: