Impact Canada Initiative Info Sheet
- [ PDF version ]
A whole-of-government effort to accelerate outcomes-based funding appr oaches to deliver meaningful results to Canadians.
- Innovation has the potential to solve the big challenges that we face as Canadians.
- Outcomes-based funding approaches represent a new way of opening up the problem-solving process to innovators who can bring fresh perspectives and new ideas.
- These approaches shift the emphasis from paying for process and outputs towards paying for results, through the use of new tools like prizes/challenges and pay for success instruments.
The Impact Canada Initiative is led by the Privy Council Office's Impact and Innovation Unit with expertise in:
- Innovative Funding
- Multi-stakeholder Partnerships
- Impact Measurement
- Behavioural Insights
How We Do It
- Flexible Terms & Conditions for Grants and Contributions - Authority for departments to pursue outcomes-based programming
- impact.canada.ca Challenge Platform - Vehicle to engage new and diverse problem solvers
- Advisory Services & Knowledge Sharing - Helping departments design high-impact initiatives, measure impact, and share "what works"
First Areas of Focus
- Smart Cities Challenge with Infrastructure Canada - Empowering communities to improve the lives of their residents through the use of data and connected technology.
- Clean Tech Impact with Natural Resource Canada - Finding breakthrough technology solutions to support clean growth and the transition to a lowcarbon economy.
- Responding to Canada's Opioid Crisis with Health Canada and other federal partners - Accelerating action on innovative approaches to harm reduction and treatment, as outlined in Budget 2018.
- Improving Indigenous Outcomes with Indigenous Services Canada - Improving service delivery through the co-creation of new and meaningful partnership models with Indigenous communities and civil society.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: