What we do
The Impact and Innovation Unit (IIU) works with a broad range of partners to support departments in delivering on policies and programs that matter to Canadians. With a focus on results-driven approaches, the IIU is working hard to transform the way in which government works.
The team works with central agencies, departments and external organizations to:
- Reduce barriers to innovation inside of government
- Reframe problems and rethink how and where to find solutions through a co-design and co-creation approach
- Leverage the benefits of impact measurement to support evidence-based decision-making
- Through rigorous testing, deliver evidence on "what works"
Our efforts concentrate on the following:
- Advocating for evidence-based decision-making
- Focusing on how outcomes will be delivered
- Promoting, enabling and delivering experimentation within government
- Bringing outside innovation inside of government
- Keeping Canadians’ perspectives at the center of our work
To learn more about the change we are working towards, visit our Theory of Change webpage.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: