Program Extension - Post-Secondary Institutions Strategic Investment Fund
The project substantial completion date for the Post-Secondary Institutions Strategic Investment Fund (PSI-SIF) program has been extended by seven months to November 30, 2018. Ultimate Recipients must complete an Application Form and be approved to qualify for this extension.
The extension period provides Ultimate Recipients with an opportunity to demonstrate the need to continue to incur eligible project costs and achieve project substantial completion date beyond the program's original deadline of April 30, 2018; applications will be assessed on a case by case basis.
To be considered for an extension, Ultimate Recipients are required to work collaboratively with their respective provincial and/or territorial government to complete the Application Form. Provincial/Territorial governments must confirm by email that they have performed a quality review of the application; and they are supporting the project extension request.
The following documentation must be submitted to the Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) no later than February 28, 2018:
- A duly completed Substantial Completion Extension Application Form;
- A budget forecast for the project with detailed estimated costs that will be incurred up to April 30, 2018, and a monthly forecast of project expenditures from May 1, 2018 to November 30, 2018;
- A detailed construction schedule for each project signed by a professional engineer or accompanied by a letter from a P.Eng/Architect;
- A copy of an email received from an authorized P/T official confirming the support for the extension application to Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED); and
- A formally signed copy of the Application Form by the Authorised official designated, as indicated in the PSI-SIF Ultimate Recipient Agreement with the lead Provincial/Territorial Ministry.
It is important to note that projects approved for an extension may be subject to additional and/or more frequent reporting requirements.
Any costs incurred after November 30, 2018, will be considered ineligible under the PSI-SIF Program.
Project Close-Out Reports and all final claims for extended projects must be received by ISED no later than ninety (90) days after the project substantial completion date.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: