Natural Resources Canada
Natural Resources Canada seeks to enhance the responsible development and use of Canada’s natural resources and the competitiveness of Canada’s natural resources products.
We are a federal institution that leads the Natural Resources portfolio and works with its partners.
Our services and information
Find information, tools and data on Canadian energy sources, energy technology and energy efficiency.
Find information on responsible mineral development, the Canadian mining industry and markets, materials technology and non-destructive testing.
Find information on Canada’s forests, innovation in the forest industry, forest fire monitoring as well as ongoing research efforts.
Find information, tools and data on Canadian geography, geology, geomatics and geoscience.
Find real-time monitoring tools for earthquakes and space weather, and information about the risks of natural hazards.
Find information and regulations for Canadian explosives manufacturers, transporters, importers, sellers and users of explosives in Canada.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Arctic Waters Pollution Prevention Act
- Canada Foundation for Sustainable Development Technology Act
- Oil and Gas Occupational Safety and Health Regulations (SOR/87-612)
- Ontario Hydro Nuclear Facilities Exclusion from Part III of the Canada Labour Code Regulations (Labour Standards) (SOR/98-181)
- Departmental performance reports
- Key facts and figures on the natural resources sector
- Positioning Natural Resources Canada’s science and technology in the innovation system
- Reports on plans and priorities
Maintaining your Furnace - Video
Find out more about equipment and techniques designed to increase the energy efficiency of residential homes.
Rapidly Deployable Northern Housing - Video
Researchers at Natural Resources Canada’s CanmetENERGY Research Centre work to accelerate the advancement of energy efficient building technologies.
Video – Earthquake Research
Find out about NRCan’s earthquake research monitoring technologies including seismic and GPS networks.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: