Assault and Sexual Assault information for civilian employees

I am a civilian employee who has been affected by assault or sexual assault. What resources are available for me?

For immediate emergency assistance, call 911.

You can get assistance from a medical doctor or a specialist such as a social worker or a psychologist.

Support and Resources:

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you and your family. Call toll-free 1-800-268-7708.

The EAP offers confidential and voluntary counselling on a short-term basis in order to support you in facing difficulties that affect your well-being. Examples of such difficulties include work-related issues and health concerns as well as family and marital problems.

Formal complaint:

You decide if you wish to file a formal complaint.

If your complaint is against a Defence team member or happened on DND/CAF property, you can file a complaint with the Military Police or the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service (CFNIS). Other complaints can be files with your local civilian police.

It is important to know that the Ombudsman does not have the authority to investigate allegations of criminal activity. For more information refer to section 15 of the Ombudsman’s mandate.

The CFNIS Victim Assistance Program helps to ensure you receive fair treatment during the course of an investigation. This Program can provide you with immediate information as well as referrals to support agencies. It will also remain in contact with you throughout the investigation.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Date modified: