Step 8 - Fill in the Record Suspension Application Form

To apply for a record suspension you must use the Record Suspension Application Form at the back of the Guide.


The Record Suspension Application Form is only valid for 12 months from the date you sign it.

Fill in all questions in the Record Suspension Application Form.

If you do not fill in all of the questions on both page 1 and 2 of the form, the Parole Board of Canada (PBC) will return the application and all documents back to you. Print in block letters using blue or black ink only.

If you don't have enough room to include all the requested information, please attach additional pages to the form with the information on it.

Make sure to include the $631.00 (CDN [Canadian dollars]) Record Suspension Application Processing Fee in a certified cheque, money order or bank draft payable to the Receiver General for Canada, or through the completed credit card payment form. The Parole Board of Canada will not accept a personal cheque. Do not send cash.


Before you mail your Record Suspension Application make sure that you have:

  • Filled in all questions on both sides of the form
  • Answered all questions truthfully and completely
  • Signed and dated the form. As the applicant, the form must be signed by you
  • Included the $631.00 (CDN) application fee (payable to the Receiver General for Canada)
  • Photocopied all of your application documents for your own records and future reference.

If you change your address…

Important: The Parole Board of Canada must be able to contact you directly. If you are unable to be contacted and/or the information or documents you provide are not verifiable, your application may not be processed. If your mailing address changes after you submit your application, you must send the Parole Board of Canada a letter with your new mailing address. Make sure the letter includes:

  • Your name
  • Your Record Suspension Application Personal Reference Number
  • Your new mailing address
  • Your signature. As the Applicant, the letter must be signed by you.

Send the letter to:

Parole Board of Canada,
Clemency and Record Suspension Division
410 Laurier Avenue West, 5th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0R1

Even after you receive a record suspension, you must advise PBC of a change of address.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: